Monday, January 9, 2012
Ten Metabolism-Blasting Foods
1. Cayenne pepper: Contains the ultimate fat-burning compound- capsaicin. Try chili powder, paprika or jalapeno peppers- they also contain capsaicin.
2. Cinnamon: This thermogenic spice is linked with curbing cravings, controlling blood sugar levels and burning fat.
3. Curry powder: The turmeric found in curry powder is a long known fat-burner. It will keep you sweating as well as burning the calories.
4. Spinach: Magnesium and B vitamins are extremely important for all bodily functions- metabolism included. Spinach provides both nutrients.
5. Nuts: Walnuts and almonds are full of fat-burning omega-3's.
6. Grapefruit: A compound found in grapefruit (naringenin) is linked with fat loss.
7. Berries: A handful of fibrous berries helps keep your metabolism going by providing the necessary sugars to curb cravings, with fewer calories.
8. Zucchini: This vegetable is fibrous and water packed, meaning it fills you up and is easy to digest.
9. Yogurt: Combines carbs and protein. Perfect for warding off hunger and building muscle.
10. Edamame: The isoflavones found in edamame (a.k.a. soybeans) are linked to less belly fat. Edamame is a great alternative to fried appetizers.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment