Friday, May 14, 2010
Not Everyone is Genetically the Same
About 25% of the U.S. population is genetically lucky because they have a low insulin response to carbohydrates. These people will never become fat. They will always do well on any high-carbohydrate diet whether it's pasta, Snickers, or Twinkies. Unfortunately, the other 75% of the population isn't so lucky. As they increase the amount of fat-free carbohydrates in their diet, they increase the production of insulin.
Next time you look at that breakfast bagel, ask the question: "Do I feel lucky?" You have a 25% chance that you might be. On the other hand, you have a 75% chance that your morning bagel will be your worst hormonal nightmare.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment