30 Advantages To ReboundingBy Michael J. Porter Jr., CHT.
Rebounding is one of the easiest, most effective ways for you to shed fat, tone your muscles and stay healthy. It improves strength and flexibility while providing a low-impact aerobic workout that can be done nearly anywhere, anytime. In fact, it’s so good for you, Morton Walker, DPM, has compiled a list of 30 benefits you can get just by rebounding a few minutes a day:*
- It increases the capacity for the respiration.
- It circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
- It establishes a better equilibrium between the oxygen required by the tissues and the oxygen made available.
- It causes muscles to perform work in moving fluids through the body to lighten the heart’s load.
- It tends to reduce the height to which the arterial pressures rise during exertion.
- It lessens the time during which blood pressure remains abnormal after severe activity.
- It holds off the incidence of cardiovascular disease.
- It increases the functional activity of the red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells.
- It aids lymphatic circulation, as well as the flow in the veins of the circulatory system.
- It encourages collateral circulation.
- It strengthens the heart and other muscles in the body so that they work more efficiently.
- It allows the resting heart to beat less often.
- It lowers elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It stimulates the metabolism.
- It promotes body growth and repair.
- It tones up the glandular system, especially the thyroid to increase its output.
- It adds to the alkaline reserve of the body which may be of significance in an emergency requiring prolonged effort.
- It chemically attains absolute potential of the cells.
- It reserves bodily strength and physical efficiency.
- It expands the body’s capacity for fuel storage and endurance.
- It improves coordination through the transmission of nerve impulses and responsiveness of the muscle fibers.
- It affords muscular vigor from improved muscular fiber tone.
- It offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other pain caused by lack of exercise.
- It enhances digestion and elimination processes.
- It allows for better and easier relaxation and sleep.
- It results in a better mental performance, with keener learning processes.
- It curtails fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women.
- It minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal problems.
- It tends to slow down aging.
- It reduces the likelihood of obesity.
* Walker, M., DPM. “Jumping For Health.” Townsend Letter for Doctors. 1995, p. 3-4.
This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. As always, check with a doctor before starting any treatment program. For more information on using guided relaxation and creative visualization to aid healing and enhance your quality of life, call Positive Changes at 1-877-POSITIVE.